Meadowcroft Cattery, Suffolk were experiencing regular power cuts as a result of being located at the end of an overhead mains supply. As a result, they required a Business Standby Backup Generator to support them through these regular power failures.
A site visit was required so an EGS engineer visited prior to purchase in order to ascertain the correct generator, ATS panel and installation details in order to correctly quote the project.
The generator identified:
- Stephill SSDK12M 12kVA Standby Power Multi-Phase Diesel generator with Super Silent Canopy
Features of the generator include:
- Kubota engine, Mecc Alte alternator
- Weather-protective super silent enclosure
- Deep-Sea Electronics DSE3110 control panel
- 120L bunded base tank, & 3-way fuel valves
- Plus, an additional upfit of a 12V battery charger and engine water heater
- 1000L slimline bunded bulk fuel tank with feed & return fittings and hoses
- Appropriate SWA armoured cables - 3 core for generator power, 3 core for 230V Auxiliary feed to supply 12v charger & water heater and 2-core for 2 wire volt free start/stop circuit.
This generator also has the benefit of being fitted with a UK made 100A single phase Auto Transfer Switch (ATS) panel with an additional IP65 enclosure for mounting outside, meaning it could be installed externally, away from the building and still be protected during adverse weather conditions.
The Generator and bulk fuel tank was delivered and placed utilising the team at Energy Haulage Ltd. Once the generator was in place, it was installed and commissioned by our lead technical engineer Craig who also completed commissioning, testing and final sign off. The ATS panel and electrical install were carried out and signed off by EDC Electrical.
This was a successful operation, resulting in a business that could remain running safely and effectively, even when they have a mains power failure.